Monday, June 16, 2008

Prayer before Consuming Questionable Sustenance

Dear Lord almighty,
As I stand before thee at this most critical intestinal juncture,
I pray thee have mercy on thy mensal gambler,
For my plate be filled with faith not circumstance.
Grant my viscera visceral fortitude,
Coat my innards in divine steel.
May my stool not runneth over.
May no burp be filled with whey.
Diffuse thy Texaco burrito,
Spare me late night kebab's bane.
Shed the mystery from thy meat,
The sloppy from thy Joe,
The fast from thy food,
And the gas from thy tronomy.
Amen.

2 comments:

Danielsita said...

You should print out wallet sized prayer cards. I could use this for my late night street meat bbq chicken kabob adventures.

Unknown said...

I can feel your pain.

I had a stale paella last week.